Welcome the knowledge

Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011


Dear Readers,


Have you ever thought about how you would ask for taking something from a friend?


What about how would you ask a friend to give you something for a moment?


Find below an explanation of how to use such verbs:


Borrow and Lend











Borrow something from somebody


Lend something to somebody


Lend somebody something





Borrow is like take. You borrow something from somebody.


I borrowed a pound from my friend.


Can I borrow your bicycle?



Lend is like give. You lend something to somebody, or lend somebody something (the meaning is the same).


I lent my books to a friend of my father’s, and I never saw them again.


Lend me your pen for a minute, will you?


Have a worderful day.


JC - Nevton

No comments:

Post a Comment