Welcome the knowledge

Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

What's the best thing about being a man?


Hey There

The post today was a suggestion of teacher Emily Tam. She's been around for such a short time, time enough to start contributing with a post, tough.

She wrote: "I found a video that can help generate discussions. The English is a bit fast, but they use some useful vocabulary in that short video."

By the way take a glimpse at the following links and get to know a bit about teacher Emily.

Class #2

Step 1- Discuss this questions:
What are the advantages and disadvantages of being a man?
  • supremacy?
  • promotion?
  • freedom?
  • Independence?

Step 2 - Watch the video and discuss what they say about being a man


It is a very interesting page which offers us a list of 100 best things about being male.

Useful language:
  • I think the best about being a man is.......
  • In my opinion the advantage/disadvantage about being a man is......
  • I believe (that).....
  • It seems that being a man is only adavantages/Disadvantages, but.....
  • What I’m trying to say is…. / The point is……
  • In my opinion ….. / The way I see it……
  • Basically…./ Essentially……
  • Actually…. / As a matter of fact…
  • Obviously…. / Clearly…
  • In general…. / Overall….
  • To put it simply…. / In short….
  • In a nutshell.....


Have fun and THANK YOU SO MUCH, Emily.


JC - Nevton

2 comments:

  1. Well Nevton, you can laugh but, in my opinion the best thing about being a man is not having to sit down when you pee in public washrooms.
    Best regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'mom... I am not gonna make fun of that my friend...Definitely, that is disgusting.
    Thanks for keep up following me here...

    ReplyDelete